To help you achieve financial security in retirement, the Board of Benefits Services (BOBS) provides the RCA 403(b) Retirement Program. The retirement program is designed for clergy, missionaries, and qualifying lay employees of the RCA, its agencies, and its affiliates. (The RCA Retirement Plan is an old plan that continues to cover participants who were originally enrolled in this plan. New participants will be enrolled in the RCA 403(b) Retirement Program.)

COVID-19 and your retirement

The CARES Act makes certain allowances in light of COVID-19. You may be able to take advantage of its relief options.

Learn more

Managing your account

Fidelity is the custodian of the RCA retirement plans. Get information from Fidelity in three ways:

On the Fidelity NetBenefits website, you can manage your account, view your investment portfolio, set up a consultation with a retirement planner, and access a resource library.

By phone:
Fidelity retirement services specialists at 800-343-0860, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to midnight, Eastern Time.

Quarterly statements:
You will receive quarterly account statements detailing your account activity and personal rate of return for the previous quarter.

Retirement plans

The RCA Retirement Program is designed for clergy, missionaries, and qualifying lay employees of the RCA and its agencies and affiliates.

RCA 403(b) Retirement Program

The RCA 403(b) Retirement Program is the primary retirement plan administered by BOBS. All employer contributions and employee salary deferrals made since January 1, 2005, have been credited to this plan. 

Find forms and answers to your questions about the RCA 403(b) Retirement Program.

RCA Retirement Plan

The RCA Retirement Plan is a 457(b) nonqualified deferred compensation plan. It’s an older retirement plan that continues to apply for original enrollees and participants. (New participants must enroll in the RCA 403(b) retirement program.) 

Find forms and answers to your questions about the RCA Retirement Plan.


Employers of participants in the RCA retirement plans can find all the information and forms in the BOBS employer resource center.

Find information for employers

Ready to retire?

If you are an RCA-ordained minister, please contact your classis clerk to declare retirement. The classis will notify the BOBS office once your retirement is approved. We will send you a retirement kit after receiving the retirement notification from your classis.

If you are a lay employee, please contact your last RCA employer to complete the Participant Retirement/Termination Notification Form and return it to the BOBS office.

Retirement resources

Planning for retirement can be daunting, but we’re here to help. We’ve gathered some essential tools to help you plan for the next chapter, whether that’s decades from now or right around the corner.

Help me plan for retirement

Have a question?

We are here to help!

Board of Benefits Services
475 Riverside Drive, Suite 1606
New York, NY 10115
866-221-5480; FAX: 833-627-7620