Has your ministry grown beyond your building?
Many RCA churches have thriving ministries but lack the financial resources for necessary building improvements. The Flourishing Churches Grant provides funding for the facility upgrades RCA churches need to continue and grow their ministries.
Six grants of up to $50,000 are available to RCA churches that meet the following criteria:
- Organized in the RCA for a minimum of three years
- Stable or increasing church membership and attendance over the past three years
- Capable of meeting essential operating expenses
- Unable to fund a needed building project with current financial resources or do not qualify for a loan
- In good standing with their classis
The grant selection process will also take into consideration:
- Age of the church building
- Deferred maintenance
- Socioeconomic status of church attendees and/or the financial position of the congregation
Grant funds are intended to be dispersed within 12 months of the grant being awarded, even if the final construction total ends up being higher than the grant amount awarded. Before any funds are disbursed, a firm bid and signed contract for the building project must be in place.
A committee of GSC staff will oversee the grant program, including both the selection process and follow-up with the recipients of grant funds.
The Church Growth Fund (CGF) contributes funds designated for Flourishing Churches Grants to the General Synod Council (GSC) on an annual basis.
Grant application window begins April 1 with applications due May 15.
Questions and completed applications can be sent to Andy Bossardet at firstname.lastname@example.org.