1. Form I is recommended for use but is not required if a more desirable procedure is already practiced. A written instrument, however, is strongly urged.
2. Form II is recommended for use but is not required if a more desirable procedure is already practiced. A written instrument, however, is strongly urged.
3. Classis as a whole, or a designated committee of classis, takes responsibility for examining the candidate. The Process Guide uses the term “Candidate Care Committee” in keeping with the BCO’s designation of the applicant as a candidate. The terminology may vary from classis to classis.
4. The candidate’s appearance before the classis and the inclusion of an appropriate worship service, while not specified by the BCO, are highly recommended as a proper way to give due significance to this step.
5. The candidate having signed the release (see Form I), the stated clerk sends the candidate’s college transcript(s) along with the completed Form V or 5A to the RCA seminary or MFCA. The candidate contacts NBTS, WTS, or the MFCA for other specific required materials. When all these materials are received and approved, enrollment is accomplished.