How to Follow General Synod 2017
Over the next week, leaders from across the RCA are meeting at Hope College in Holland, Michigan, for General Synod 2017. The first session begins Thursday afternoon, June 8.
A recent poll of RCA leaders* indicated high interest in following news from General Synod, with 77 percent of respondents saying they’d be watching religiously or checking for coverage of bigger decisions. Another 16 percent said they’d check for coverage if they heard of something that interested them.
Whether you’re looking for up-to-the-minute coverage or a recap of the biggest decisions, synod coverage is available to you in a number of ways.
- Regular news stories and photos will be posted at www.rca.org/synod.
- Follow us on social media:
- Reformed Church in America (RCA) Facebook page
- Twitter: @rcaonline
- Instagram, which will feature the perspective of a different staff person each day: @rca_online
- Watch the broader social media conversation on the tagboard, which aggregates posts with the #RCAsynod hashtag. To add your own opinion or experience at synod, tag your post with #RCAsynod.
- Watch plenary sessions on our video stream. This year, there will be a 30-minute delay on the video feed, at the instruction of the General Synod Council. A schedule of broadcast times is posted here. The first broadcast begins Thursday at 3:30 EDT.
- Call the General Synod Hotline for a recorded message of the day’s news: 800-968-6063.
This fall, synod highlights will be shared in the RCA Today news bulletin and magazine.
*The poll was conducted with subscribers to the News & Resources email list, which includes pastors and other church leaders. To join the News & Resources email list, subscribe here.
To manage your print subscription to RCA Today magazine, please email email@example.com. This includes address changes, new subscriptions, subscription cancellations, and changes from print to electronic subscriptions and vice versa. Subscriptions to RCA Today are free.