Living into Transformed & Transforming: Summer 2014
A new Explore and Engage process is available for churches to use to learn about the new goal and reflect on where God might be calling them to be a part of it.
Since last summer, church leaders, congregations, and RCA staff have been taking initial steps to live into Transformed and Transforming: Radically Following Christ in Mission Together.
General Synod 2013 adopted Transformed and Transforming as a 15-year strategic goal for the denomination. It calls the RCA to focus on cultivating transformation in Christ, equipping emerging leaders of today and tomorrow, and engaging in Christ’s kingdom mission. (Read it at www.rca.org/transform.)
The Explore and Engage process includes a discussion guide; a process for prayer, discernment, and engagement; and an introduction to 10 initiatives churches can choose to participate in. The initiatives provide equipping and opportunity for sharing best practices related to transformation, leadership development, and missional engagement.
Other resources are available at www.rca.org/transform:
- A video that explores where the new goal came from
- Devotions for consistories or classes
- Litanies for use in worship
What you can do now:
- Pray for churches throughout the RCA as they discern where they want to be a part of the Transformed and Transforming journey. Pray for your church. Pray for the development of new initiatives to support churches in these three areas.
- Talk to others in your church. Does your congregation have particular passion for one of the areas of Transformed and Transforming? What might some next steps be? Encourage your church leaders to go through the Explore and Engage process.
- Get to know Transformed and Transforming through the resources at www.rca.org/transform.
Reflect on how God may be calling you personally to cultivate transformation, equip emerging leaders, and engage in mission.