Experiential Worship for Children: God the Potter
“Yet, O Lord, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand” (Isaiah 64:8).
For this time of worship, you will need air-drying clay and an index card with Isaiah 64:8 written on it for each child. Have the children sit at a table to make cleanup easier.
Begin this time by asking the children some of the following questions.
- What does it mean that God is our Father?
- What can you do with clay? Can you make things out of it?
- What is a potter and what does a potter do?
- What do you think it means that God is our potter?
- What do you think that God is shaping you to be? How is he doing that?
After the discussion, let the children use the clay to mold something that represents what they feel God is creating them to be.