Mother's Day is celebrated on the second Sunday in May.
- Use this Mother's Day Liturgy found at worshiphelps.blogs.com.
- Be sensitive to people who have a tough time on Mother's Day. (The article "When Mother's Day Is Hard," by Jenell Williams Paris, shares a helpful perspective.)
- Consider collecting baby items for a local pregnancy resource center.
- Use the children's message to tell a Bible story about a mother and child: Moses' mother hiding him in the bulrushes, for instance.
- Invite children to read Scripture or sing during the service.
- Go, My Children, with My Blessing (Sing! A New Creation #284)
- Loving Spirit (Sing! A New Creation #235)
Do you have further suggestions or an example of how Mother's Day is observed in your church? Please let us know!