The Commission for Women is a group of eight women and men, lay and clergy, committed to the work of advocacy. Here are some current stats:
- 63% of all RCA church members are women
- 12% of all RCA clergy are women
- 28% of RCA elders and deacons are women
For more information please contact us:
Reformed Church in America
4500 60th St. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
The Commission for Women was formed by an act of General Synod in 1978. Its charge from General Synod is to:
- Raise awareness so that opportunities are provided for all women in the church
- Provide information to the Nominations Committee to insure women's participation in leadership
- Aid the church in inclusive language and attitudes
- Work on strategies of systemic change toward the full participation of women
- Collaborate with other RCA bodies on women's issues
- Work in partnership with similar groups in other denominations
Want to be part of the Commission for Women? Fill out a profile form!
We bring recommendations to General Synod for the elimination of all barriers for women's participation in the church.
We go to the seminaries and listen to the concerns of women students.
We monitor the commissions and committees of the General Synod and advocate for equal representation by women.
We monitor the hiring patterns of denominational staff and advocate for equal representation by women.
Events for Women in the RCA
Save the dates
Annual women’s connection dinner at General Synod
Friday, June 8, Calvin College, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Far West Region women’s retreat (bilingual)
September 7-9, Spirit in the Desert, Arizona
Women’s global experience trip to Bahrain and India
January 14-26, 2019