It calls the RCA to live and love like Jesus more intentionally.
The RCA's 15-year vision for ministry
Being led by the Holy Spirit, serving with each other, embracing our diverse world and striving for a multicultural future freed from racism, and working with all the partners that God provides, as we move toward a fifth century of mission and ministry, the Reformed Church in America commits to focus its efforts for the next fifteen years on the following three interconnected strategic priorities:
Cultivating Transformation in Christ
Scripture: John 15; Deut. 6:4-9; 1 Cor. 3:6-8; Rom. 12:1-2; 2 Cor. 3:18; Matt. 22:34-40; Luke 6:40; Acts 2:42-47; 2 Cor. 5:17-18; Matt. 28:18-20; Eph. 4:16; Gal. 3:28
- Developing passionate disciples filled with the Holy Spirit and the truth of the Word who effectively make followers of Jesus who live and love like him.
- Deepening our spiritual journey in ways that are biblical and Reformed.
- Loving and embracing all people.
- Opening ourselves humbly to deep change under the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- Increasing our personal and corporate devotion to God, emphasizing prayer and worship.
- Building intentional intergenerational discipling relationships.
- Engaging conflict in healthy and redemptive ways.
Equipping Emerging Leaders of Today and Tomorrow
Scripture: Deut. 6:4-9; Luke 9:48; Eph. 4:11-12; 2 Tim. 2:2
- Increasing the awareness that God is calling youth and young adults to become leaders.
- Developing youth intentionally for missional, congregational, and pastoral leadership.
- Mobilizing emerging leaders for service in the church and world.
- Preparing leaders of all ages for fruitful ministry in diverse environments.
- Cultivating diverse and healthy leaders within the total membership of the body of Christ, so that churches can thrive.
Engaging in Christ’s Kingdom Mission
Scripture: Luke 4:18-19; Acts 1:8; Luke 10:25-37; Matt. 28:18-20; Matt. 14:14; Micah 6:8; Matt. 13:44; Matt. 9:37; Acts 2:42-47; Rev. 7:9-12; Isa. 61:1-4
- Contextualizing ministry and church in new and expanded ways.
- Prioritizing youth involvement in missional ministry.
- Serving as agents of renewal through putting our faith in action.
- Promoting justice, compassion, and reconciliation.
- Expanding mission that is both local and global with equal passion and commitment.
- Equipping existing churches to move outward in ministry.
- Embracing our mission to the world and sharing the good news of the gospel with everyone.
- Multiplying missional communities and new churches that put the love of Christ into action.