Church Treasurers and Administrators
Welcome! This area offers information and resources to treasurers and administrators as they support their churches in mission and ministry for Christ.
Before using any of the resources below (or resources for which links are provided below), please read this important notice.
If there is a resource you need or a question you have, please send an email to email@example.com.
Donations and General Payments
Send all donations and general payments to the RCA to Reformed Church in America, Attn: Finance Dept., 4500 60th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49512. Checks should be made out to "Reformed Church in America." Please indicate the purpose of the gift or payment.
Many donations can also be made online. Please visit www.rca.org/give for more information.
- The 2019 Partnership-in-Mission (PIM) share has been set at: $6700
- The 2017 assessment was set at: $52.23 per member.
- The 2018 Partnership-in-Mission (PIM) share has been set at: $6700
- Financial Reports
- Church Growth Fund, loans for churches and savings certificates to earn interest
Tax and Financial Info
- ChurchExcel offers free resources on church finance, governance, and gift administration
- Church Bonds Guidelines
- Clergy Housing Benefits for Commissioned Pastors
- IRS Group Exemption Determination
- New IRS requirement for churches
- IRS Tax Basics for Exempt Organizations: Video Courses
- IRS Guidelines on prohibition of campaign activities
- Tax Information for Churches and Religious Organizations
- Church Reporting Made Easy
- Social Security and Other Information for Members of the Clergy and Religious Workers
- IRS Notice 2006-110, explains how a taxpayer who makes charitable contributions by payroll deductions can meet recordkeeping requirements.
- Disaster Relief, Providing Assistance Through Charitable Organizations
- Incorporation of Local Churches
- Risk Assessment Checklist
- Primer/worksheet for creating by-laws for a local church: Use this resource to help develop bylaws for your church.
Beginning January 1, 2014, the newly formed Reformed Benefits Association (the RCA's insurance partnership with the Christian Reformed Church in North America) provides group medical insurance and other insurance products for RCA ministers and lay staff. Visit the RBA website for more information about insurance.
Important Information about the RCA's 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Announcement About $2.3 Millon Underpayment to Retirement Accounts (PDF)
- FAQ about Retirement Underpayment and Salary Verification Process (PDF)
- RCA 403(b) Contribution Calculator
- Annual Insurance and Retirement Benefits Information Guides (EBPH): 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, EBPH History, 1987-2015
- Set up online contributions with the newly developed system by Fidelity. It's acronym is SCiP(Simplified Contribution Platform). To enroll please provide your contact information and that of your church using the following link: https://fidelityinvestments.tfaforms.net/660093
- Adoption Agreement and Adoption Agreement Instructions
- Change of Address form
- Contribution Remittance Form
- Participant Information Form
- Salary Reduction Agreement
- Ministers' Taxes Made Easy
- Statutory Contribution Limits
- RCA 403(b) Retirement program - 415(c) Contribution Self-checking
The following resources have been submitted by elders, deacons, and treasurers from around the RCA. They are intended to be used as you best see fit (anything from using them as a template to beginning a discussion based on them). Do you have a resource you could share? Please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.