Transformative Leadership in Beloved Community
“Transformative Leadership in Beloved Community” is a mini leadership collaborative that allows women to explore how to grow as leaders in beloved community—community that both empowers and challenges us to live fully into God’s call on our lives. Together, we will identify and welcome our leadership gifts, limitations, joys, and struggles. We will take steps to transform ourselves, become co-creators with God, and embrace the broader church in the ongoing work of community, mission, and leadership.
This six-week virtual small group is open to RCA, CRC, and ecumenical women, whether lay leaders, elders, deacons, or clergy. It is especially relevant to women who attended the Celebration of Women in Church Leadership at Western Theological Seminary in March 2017, as it offers an opportunity to take next faithful steps from the work started there.
Stay tuned for Spring 2018 dates
The leadership collaborative includes:
- Weekly video conference call meetings that offer catalytic coaching to facilitate each participant’s deep work of developing wise applications and best practices within her individual ministry and life.
- Peer coaching, in which participants process the material more deeply in pairs between weekly meetings.
- One-on-one support from the facilitator as needed by phone or email.
- What is beloved community? Why is it important?
- What are your leadership joys and celebrations in beloved community?
- In what ways does your community support and challenge you as a leader?
- What role do you play in this community? How do you both empower and challenge it?
- What do you or your community have to relearn or reenvision to better support transformation for everyone?
- What is your vision for a new, transformed community? And for you as its leader?
$90 participation fee includes everything except any suggested reading materials.
Registration information for the Spring 2018 event will be posted when it is available.
Lesley Mazzotta is an innovative and dynamic spiritual director, workshop leader, educator, and writer. She serves as the educational facilitator and consultant for the RCA Women’s Transformation and Leadership initiative, creating curriculum and leading events around the denomination that encourage, equip, and empower women to live into their full leadership potential. From 2012 to 2016, she was director of spiritual formation jointly at Community Reformed Church and Christ Episcopal Church in Manhasset, New York. In her ministry there, she developed, implemented, and oversaw ecumenical programming for children, youth, and adults to inspire personal enrichment, community building, and deeper connection to God. Prior to her work as a spiritual director, Lesley worked as producing director of Camp Broadway, an award-winning children’s theater company, and was producer of numerous theatrical productions on and off Broadway and in London. Lesley is a cofounder of One World Girl, an organization that empowers, educates, and champions every girl to live her unique life story and become an agent for change in her community and the world. Lesley has a B.A. from Tufts University and a Certificate of Spiritual Direction from General Theological Seminary and is a member of Spiritual Directors International. Lesley lives in New York City and loves tennis, musical theatre, and spending as much time as possible on Cape Cod.