Belhar Confession: Study Center
The Belhar Confession is the newest standard of unity of the Reformed Church in America. It was adopted by General Synod in 2009 and ratified by the RCA's classes, or regional governance bodies, in 2010.
The resources on these pages can provide the church the opportunity to study and use the Belhar in a variety of congregational settings, including worship; to dig more deeply into its content and meaning; and to ask how the RCA might respond to the call of the Belhar to unity, to reconciliation, and to justice, especially in its focus on racism.
- The Confession of Belhar
- La Confesion Belhar
- The Confession of Belhar in Chinese
- The Confession of Belhar in Korean
- Learning and Living the Belhar
- Singing, Praying, and Preaching the Belhar Confession
- By Word and Spirit: Scriptural Foundations of the Belhar Confession, a 25-day devotional
- Studying the Belhar Confession
- Tool for Using the Principles of the Belhar Confession in Planning and Evaluating
- Children's Study Lesson: Illuminating the Forgotten Parts of the Church
- Youth Study Lesson: Experiencing Prejudice in Our Midst
- History and information about the Belhar
Simply click on the category in which you have interest. If you don't see what you need, please let us know.
Learn more about the history of the Belhar, its relationship to the RCA, and its significance for the whole church.