Forms for Ministers of Word and Sacrament [RCA Retirement Plan]

I am retiring and want to take distributions from my RCA Retirement Plan. What forms will I need to complete? You must officially retire with your classis which will then inform the General Synod Office before you are eligible for retirement distributions. Here are the forms: 

I am retired and want to change the amount of my distribution.
Because the RCA retirement plan is a non-qualified plan, the IRS establishes standards which limit and control election changes.

We, at Board of Benefits Services, understand that your needs change according to your life’s journey and are making every effort to accommodate you. Your request will be reviewed based on standards established by the Board, and we will inform you of the decision. Please complete the RCA Retirement Plan SWP Change form and sections 1, 2 and 5 of the RCA Retirement Plan Distribution form. You may mail, fax or scan and email the forms to our office.
Forms: SWP change formDistribution Election Change Form #72175.

I am currently in ministry, at least 59.5 years of age and not yet retired, and would like a portion of my RCA Retirement Plan. You may receive 5% of the account balance as it was on the previous 12/31. Form: Distribution Election Change Form

I am a RCA Minister of Word and sacrament at least 59.5 years of age and want to have 10% of my RCA Retirement Plan towards a down payment for my primary residency. Forms: Distribution Election Change Form and W-4

I am not 59.5 years of age yet and am currently experiencing an unforeseeable emergency for which I will need to request from the board a one-time distribution. Please note that Section 7.2 of the plan document defines an Unforeseeable Emergency as a severe financial hardship to the participant or other similar extraordinary and unforeseeable circumstances arising as a result of events beyond the control of the participant. Examples of what are not considered to be Unforeseeable Emergencies include, but are not limited to, the need to pay for tuition, purchasing a home, unemployment. Please refer to the plan document for full details. For board approval, write to the board of benefits services stating nature of emergency and amount needed to satisfy need; an itemized list may be necessary to avoid a distribution that exceeds financial need. Form: Distribution Election Change Form

I have been demitted from my classis and therefore, no longer serve as a Minister of Word and sacrament. Your classis notifies the General Synod Office. Full payouts are only eligible after the General Synod Office confirms the demission. Forms: Distribution Election Change Form and W-4

I have recently been diagnosed with a disability which will prevent me from being employed. I will need a stream of income. Forms: Distribution Election Change Form and W-4

I need to update my beneficiary forms. Form: Death Benefit Election/Beneficiary Form

I want to set up direct deposit for my recurring retirement distributions. Please note that this service is not available for one time distributions. Mail completed form along with voided check to the RCA Office of Benefits Services. Form: Electronic Funds Transfer Application.

My marital status has changed. I am now divorced and the Judgment of Divorce calls for a division of the RCA Retirement Program. Click here for more information.

I have questions about the plans. Who do I contact? Thos Shipley at